The use of e-points is free for the members of the Ljubljana City Library, other visitors shall pay for a half-an-hour use the price according to current library price-list.
Following types of personal computers are available:
- Info terminals (personal computer for quick access to the Internet)
Use is limited to 15 minutes and it is free of charge for all library users .
Basic personal computers (e-points) are free to use for library members. They can be used only by members which have no financial obligations to the library. They can use all the basic programs of the operating system, office tools, and other preloaded software.
Using time for members of the library is limited to 60 minutes and optionaly renewable once.
This time limit applies to the use of basic personal computers throughout the network of LCL and not just in one location.
15, 7 and 2 minutes before the expiration of the computer reservation the user receives a notice about the remaining time. If the user does not start using the computer within 10 minutes after the reservation has started, the reservation shall expire and the computer shall be available for the next candidate.
Non-members who are using basic computers pay the price according to current library price-list.
Stipulations on use
- The Library shall take no responsibility for any loss of documents that have been created and stored in the computer by a user.
- It is recommended to store the documents on portable data storage devices.
- The Library shall take no responsibility for the transfer of copyright data to portable data storage devices from the e-point computers.
- E-point computers are intended for writing documents and searching for information on the Internet. Adjusted to this purpose is also the software installed in the computers and specified in the Ljubljana City Library Regulations on the Software Installed in Personal Computers for Employees and Users.
- The users shall take material responsibility for all deliberate damages to and abuses of hardware and/or software that occur during their use.
- The user shall inform the responsible librarian about any damage he/she has noticed on the e-point before he/she has started to use it.
- The number of concurrent users on one computer can be limited by the responsible librarian
- Total ban on food and drinks on any e-point.
- In case of any breach the responsible librarian shall have the power to stop the user's work on the computer and, depending on the severity of his/her breach, revoke the user’s opportunity to use e-points in the Ljubljana City Library.